The Basic Pet Grooming Course (1 day course) aims to equip learners with no prior knowledge in pet grooming or animal care to learn the basics in Pet Grooming. It is also suitable for pet owners who wants to learn how to groom their pets themselves
Skills include understanding how to provide basic grooming services for companion animals and pets to maintain / restore animal comfort and health.
Dogs – Small Breeds $120, Medium Breeds $160, Large Breeds $220.
Cats – $180
Duration & Dates
2 to 3 hours
Animal Arts Academy
9 Kensington Park Road
Minimum 1 pax – Maximum 10 pax
Please contact us first to check availability to avoid disappointment.
Course Tools Required
We will provide products and equipment for grooming applicable to the course.
- Notebook and pet
- Own dog (participants without a dog must inform us at registration so we can provide one)
Objectives & Learning Outcomes
- Identify grooming safety rules
- Access if a pet has any ear or skin issues
- Proper handling techniques during grooming process
- Demonstrate cutting and filing pet nails.
- Demonstrate removing pet ear hair and cleaning them.
- Demonstrate clipping fur underneath the paw pads and sanitary areas
- Identify matts or tangles on the pet
- Demonstrate removing tangles or undercoat on the pet.
- Demonstrate proper bathing techniques.
- Understanding the usage of different drying equipments.
- Demonstrate layer and fluff drying techniques.
- Demonstrate layer combing techniques.
Our academy is a fully certified grooming establishment by the Singapore Kennel Club (SKC),
and often participates in the many pet grooming competitions held in Singapore and internationally
We believe in helping groomers reach whole new levels of expertise. Our graduates are proficient and professional, compassionate and genuinely care for the pets they work with.